Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First off, it's now somewhat dark at 6am. I headed west on 57th at 6:15am, and it just didn't feel right. Each stride seemed off center and more labored than usual. I'm convinced that if there were any observers or passersby, this "runner" probably looked like one of the gentlemen from Czechoslovakia, the Wild and Crazy Guys. Remember how Dan Akroyd and Steve Martin walked with their legs going left and right? Anyway, I'm told that you simply have to persevere when this happens, and the "running" will become less labored.

Ultimately, the five miles went fine. I had to laugh, though, because school is now in session and the students are waiting on the side of the road for the schoolbus to pick them up. It has to be quite an eyeopening experience that early in the morning to see a clydesdale jogging by.

Next up, later this week, a longer distance. And I'm up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment