Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner with Steve and Jan Prawdzik on Monday evening, along with a few other folks helping with Fr.O.G.s Helping Families - Brian's Legacy. Jan talked about Brian's life, and the impact of his medical issues on not only him, but others around him. Suffice it to say that I walked away from their home even more determined to try to make a difference right along with them. Jan and Steve have been through so much, and yet they have so much to offer and to give. There are more Brians in our community today, and there will be more in the future. And believe me, they and their families need our help. I have no doubts whatsoever that any donated penny that goes towards Brian's Legacy will be put to good use.

Five miles again this morning! It felt fine, except for the labored breathing and sore joints. I talked to Dan yesterday about some of the basic differences between thoroughbreds and clydesdales. He said that besides the obvious differences, clydesdales are able to carry much more internal fuel for the long runs. I guess I had never thought of it that way but maybe there is an advantage to the clydesdale physique after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment