Monday, September 7, 2009

It's Labor Day! I went to a different track this morning, this time with my wife. She is four foot nine inches tall and weighs about 105 pounds (i.e. about a third of a clydesdale in size). She and I are both going to seen Brian's parents later today, at their house. Our daughter was a classmate of Brian's in grade school, so we have known the Prawdziks now for nearly 20 years. Wonderful people.

I "ran" three miles on the track, and feel pretty sore from Saturday's nine miles. I feel fairly confident that I can do this race in November because I "participated" in the same race last year. I "ran" with three other gentlemen - Steve, Dave, and Dan. All three of them are pharmacists (like me), and would be considered thoroughbreds (unlike me). Each of them could have finished in 3-4 hours, but instead we all stayed together for the entire six hours. We had a great time. I don't think that any of the three broke a sweat whereas I was drenched beyond recognition. Dave and Steve are brothers, and the three of us went to pharmacy school together at WSU. Dave was a groomsman in our wedding 26+ years ago. Dan is a well respected pharmacist in the Seattle area. Each of the three are intelligent but not nerdy. You would never hear them say "If we attached a benzene ring at the six position, the compound could reversibly acetylate megakaryocytes". You'd never hear that. But they are into providing a good service in their communities. It's my hope that we can all run together again this year, and that there will be some appreciable improvement on the finish time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr. Clydesdale,

    It was a pleasure having you and Rexanne over for dinner last night. Thank you for coming and for your efforts to not only raise some money for Fr.O.G.s Helping Families - Brian's Legacy, but also awareness. Awareness of Brian's 11 year journey with a heart transplant and later a kidney transplant, but also awareness of our non-profit organization and it's quest to help families in need. As time goes on, with your permission, I will post more on your blog about Fr.O.G.s Helping Families - Brian's Legacy and your marathon effort to aquire sponsors for your race in November.

    God bless you and Thank you,
    Jan Prawdzik

    ReplyDelete