Sunday, September 6, 2009

The schedule indicates I should be doing seven miles this weekend - all at once! Driving to the track, I felt that I should elevate the goal somewhat, and take advantage of the cool yet very sunny morning. I picked lane #3 and stayed there most of the time. Being this slow, I find myself drifting to the outer lanes as other, more swift runners show up to utilize the track. Over the ensuing one hour and fifty minutes, I did nine miles, which felt great.

The schedule and consistent "running" seems to be going fine so far. But to really be able to go the distance and to be able to finish the race in a reasonable time will require a pretty radical change in eating habits. Just as an example, I had breakfast at a restaurant this morning with my favorite daughter and her boyfriend. I had three eggs (over easy), sausage, hash browns and toast. That was gone in about 8 seconds. I couldn't help but wonder if they had maple bars or cinnamon rolls in the back to keep me going while the other two were finishing their breakfast. So that's another challenge that needs to be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment