Thursday, August 27, 2009

Spokane sloth?

The training schedule gave me a day off yesterday. The "rest" days are highlighted on the schedule because one of my biggest fears is to have inadvertantly "run" on a rest day. I have no fears whatsoever of resting on a "run" day but am petrified of "running" on a rest day.

Anyway, I ate too much yesterday, but hear me out. We had two employees celebrating birthdays - one with cheesecake and the other with ice cream. It's important to be polite and celebrate right along with everyone else. Last evening, my wife and I had a pretty good size meal at a restaurant followed by a large helping of ice cream (she didn't know about the ice cream incident from earlier in the day, so I'm hoping now she doesn't read the blog!). Needless to say, the rest days need to be approached with a little more caloric control.

So this morning, with some reluctance, I headed to 57th for a 5 mile "run". The training schedule said 4 miles but let's try 5. The reluctance was because of the preference for the track, but the track is next to a school, and school starts today, and it was already 8:30am and it would be difficult for any teacher to have full attention from the students while a pachyderm-like creature was "running" around the track just outside their classroom. I finished the five mile "run" in exactly 60 minutes or 12 minutes/mile. That's not too bad. I was happy with that. Some readers may now feel that the blog title should be changed to Spokane Sloth, but there's still nearly three months to go. And I really really want to make a difference for Brian and his family and their intense hope to help other families in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment