Saturday, August 29, 2009

Plenty of excuses

So this morning, I was initially jazzed about the upcoming "run". After the coffee and the morning paper (Mariner recap, Seahawks, Cougars, etc.), it actually began to rain. So should I simply wait until tomorrow? The excuses began to pour out mentally......I did have a sneeze last night which could indicate the beginning of another swine flu case......I can wait until tomorrow.....what would I wear in the rain anyway.......people would think I was a total idiot for "running" in the rain......

But I drove up to 57th anyway, because I was not willing to sit and feel guilty all day. The "run" worked out fine - actually shaved a full 30 seconds off the five mile time from a couple of days ago, so that felt like progress. Pride trumps guilt any day of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment