Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Initial entry

First off, let's be frank. This body was not manufactured for running or jogging or any rapid movement whatsoever. But it's important to stay active, and it's important to devote one's efforts toward worthwhile causes, regardless of any impediments or excuses. So that brings us to the Seattle Marathon on November 29th and Fr.O.G.s Helping Families-Brian's Legacy. Over the next 3+ months, I plan to prepare for the Seattle Marathon and help raise money for Brian's Legacy. There's a head start to report - six slow miles at the track this past Saturday. There's a long way to go and a ton of work between now and November 29th. I'll post updates on my progress, including jogging distances and any appreciable weight reductions. Suffice it to say that I currently tip the scales at 300+ pounds. But I'm ready for the challenge. So.....ready, set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment